FBD Group is committed to protecting your privacy.
Our Privacy Statement outlines:
- How we may process and protect personal information that we may obtain about you ("Customer Data")
- The circumstances in which we may disclose it to anyone
- The choices you have regarding our use of the information
- Your ability to correct the information.
Any personal information provided will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Acts, 1988 & 2003.
"We", "us" or "our" refers to all companies within the FBD Group listed below.Collection and Use of Customer Data
We keep the information you provide about yourself and about third parties to provide and administer insurance and financial products provided by us and sometimes our affiliates and/or commercial partners. Examples of the actual or possible uses of your Customer Data are
- Processing your insurance application
- Processing claims
- Statistical analysis
- Market research
- Underwriting purposes
- Fraud prevention
- Risk management
- Provision of advice
We will process this information and store it on our computer and manual record systems.
You may be required to provide us with sensitive personal data e.g. details about your health and convictions and the health and convictions of third parties. This information is important and will remain confidential.
Your Customer Data may also be used by us to provide you with information about products and services from the FBD Group or other products and services which are arranged for you by us with a third party. We operate a strict opt-in policy, such that all direct marketing material contains the option to opt-in for future direct marketing. Furthermore, you may opt-out at any time by writing to the Data Protection Officer. If you choose not to receive this information, this will not affect any of the services we provide to you, now or in the future.
By ticking the box on any of the 'Assumptions' pages of this website, you are giving us permission to process these details for the above purposes. You are also confirming that you have fully explained to each person who requires this insurance cover why we asked for this information and what we will use it for. You are also confirming each person has agreed to this.
You should only tick the box on any 'Assumptions' page if you fully understand, and have met, all of the above requirements.
By disclosing your Customer Data to us you indicate your consent to the collection, storage, processing and use of your Customer Data by us as described in this Privacy Statement.Disclosure
We may disclose your information, in confidence to:
- Agents or service providers we have appointed
- Regulatory organisations
- Other FBD Group companies
- Other insurance and financial services companies (directly or via a central register)
- Or as required by law
You are entitled to copies of your Customer Data held by us as the data controller. We will provide you with a copy of the Customer Data kept by us not more than 40 days after the request in writing. If you would like a copy of the details we hold on you, please write to the Data Protection Officer, FBD Holdings plc, FBD House, Dublin 12. Please enclose the €6.35 access fee.
Cookies do not in any way compromise the security of your computer. Cookies do not contain any personal information about you and cannot be used to identify an individual user.
If cookies are disabled from the Web Browser, some loss of functionality may be experienced.Security
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a number of security procedures and technologies to assist in protecting your Customer Data from unauthorised access, alteration, use, disclosure, accidental loss or destruction.
However we cannot guarantee the complete security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won't be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. We will continue to review policies and implement additional security features as necessary.Changes to this statement
If you have any queries, please contact us by email at DataProtectionOfficer@fbd.ie or by post to the Data Protection Officer, FBD Holdings plc, FBD House, Dublin 12.FBD Group
The FBD Group to which this website relates consisted of
- FBD Holdings plc - Registered in Ireland under Company Registration Number 135882. Registered Office FBD House, Bluebell, Dublin 12, Ireland.
- FBD Insurance plc - Registered in Ireland under Company Registration Number 25475. Registered Office FBD House, Bluebell, Dublin 12, Ireland. FBD Insurance plc is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
- FBD Life & Pensions Limited trading as FBD Financial Solutions is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Registered in Ireland. Registered Number 140134. Registered Office: FBD House, Bluebell, Dublin 12.